Every Staffy needs a collar; if they don’t have one, where do you fasten the lead and hang their ID tag? But Staffy collars are crucial to the safety aspect and help to alleviate a dog owner’s concerns if their Staffy gets loose by accident.
Over time the dog collar has evolved from just a way of controlling a dog to helping to correct bad behavior and, in some cases, a way to communicate with your dog. Dog collars and leads have given Staffy owners a lot more confidence when walking their dogs and lessened the risk of their Staffy running away and causing distress to other dogs or humans.
- Top 5 Collars for Staffies
- Is a Collar or Harness Best for a Staffy?
- Staffy Collar Size Guide
There are hundreds of collar styles available to choose from, and most Staffy owners want to pick a collar that reflects their Staffy’s personality or, in some cases, their personality.
However, not every collar is suitable for all Staffies or even any Staffy.
This is why we’ve compiled this list of the best Staffy collars. Instead of you doing the work to find a particular collar for your Staffy, we’ve picked out several collars for you to choose from. All the collars we’ve chosen are all excellent value for money, high-quality materials and each one suitable for your Staffy. Check out our list of the best Staffy collars; we’re confident that at least one will suit your Staffy and your budget.
NOTE: This page may contain affiliate links, which means Staffy Dog may receive a small commission for anything purchase via these links, at no cost to you. This keeps our tails wagging.
Best Collars for Staffies
Durable LED Dog Collar for Staffy
- A Choice of three lighting modes.
- USB rechargeable.
- 100% waterproof.
- Quick-release buckle.
- Chrome-plated heavy-duty D-ring.
- Premium materials.
- Size adjustable.
- Runtime of 10 hours from a 2-hour charge.
If part or all of your nighttime walks with your Staffy are through areas with no street lighting, a light-up dog collar is an excellent safety device. The Masbrill LED dog collar gives off a powerful light that vehicle drivers can see as far away as 500 metres on dark nights.
You have a choice of three modes, quick blink, slow blink, and continual lighting. Choose whichever mode suits you depending on the lighting situation where you’re walking your Staffy; switching between modes is as easy as pushing a button on the collar.
The collar is size adjustable and is suitable for small up to large dogs, so whatever the size of your Staffy, this collar will adjust to fit. The collar will light up for over ten hours from one two-hour charge, and you can charge via a USB cable with any USB device.
There’s no danger to your Staffy on wet nights; the collar is 100% waterproof; your dog can even swim in the collar without damaging anything. The only proviso is to close the rubber stopper on the charging port to ensure watertight integrity. Remember to take the collar off before you attempt to recharge the collar.
The Masbrill Led collar is heavy-duty nylon webbing, lightweight but robust; the quick-release buckle allows you to put the collar on and take it off with ease and with a solid chrome-plated D-ring, you can also attach any lead you want.
Why We Like It: The Masbrill light-up collar has high-quality flat optical fibers, which provide a powerful enough light for vehicles to see from 500 metres away.
- 【LED Glowing & Satefy Dog Collar】The light up dog collar comes with high quality flat optical fibers, bright and easily seen at outdoor night which help you keep your dogs safe. This flashing dog collar will keep your pets away from some potential dangers.
- 【3 Lighting Modes Setting】Easily setting by pushing the button and change the LED dog collar lighting modes freely: Quick Blink, Slow Blink or Steady Lighting. It works for over 8 hours of lighting per full charge.
- 【USB Rechargeable】The flashing dog collar is recharged by the USB cable with any other daily use device. No worry about battery replacement and no additional costs, easy to use, environmental.
- 【100% Waterproof】MASBRILL flashing dog collar is 100% waterproof, no need worry about your dog when they are swimming or playing in rain! Note: Please close the rubber stopper on charging port after finished charging, or it won't waterproof.
- 【Adjustable Size】The length of our led dog collar can be adjusted to fit any size. It also has a heavy-duty D-ring that can be attached with any dog leash. Quick-release buckle make the collar easily put on and take off.
Best Waterproof Collar for Staffies
- A choice of six colours, from neon to classic.
- The collar is made from a plastic composite material.
- Waterproof; to clean, wipe down, or wash.
- Featuring soft padded neoprene inside the collar.
- Handmade and hard-wearing.
Hunter convenience collars are handmade in Bielefeld, Germany; the company has a passion for producing great collars made from the highest quality materials.
The Hunter collar is exceptionally attractive and hard-wearing, made with an innovative plastic composite material that is waterproof; simply wipe the collar if it gets dirty. The collar is perfect for everyday use, even if you put your Staffy through training or dog sports such as agility training.
There is a range of six bright colours from classic to neon, beautifully textured edging, and top-quality craftsmanship. The inside of the collar is a soft neoprene padding to prevent any skin irritation to your Staffy. There’s also a choice of seven sizes from 35cm to 65cm.
To ensure you get the perfect fit for your Hunter convenience collar, measure your Staffy’s neck circumference, place a flexible tape measure around the middle of the neck. The tape measure should not restrict your Staffy’s movement; a good guide is to put one finger between the tape and neck.
If you find you might be on the last hole for a particular size, you would be better choosing the next size up.
Why We Like It: The Hunter convenience collar is a classy, well-made wipe-clean collar, with a choice of classic to neon designs.
- Water and tear resistant.
- Easy to clean Clearly visible.
- 35 (20-30cm), 40 (25-35cm), 45 (25-35cm), 50 (35-45cm), 55 (40-50cm), 60 (45-55cm), 65 (50-60cm)
Reflective Dog Collar for Staffy
- 360-degree reflective capabilities.
- Visible at over 300 feet away.
- It is made from padded and comfortable reflective material.
- Robust attachment point stitching.
- Matching lead and harness for additional visibility.
- Three available sizes.
- 100% manufacturers guarantee
If buying a reflective dog collar for your Staffy is vital to you, then the Embark illuminate dog collar will make an excellent choice.
Providing full 360-degree reflective capabilities, which can be seen from over 300 feet away by a vehicle’s headlights, the Illuminate was built to exacting standards with high visibility as a priority, not an afterthought.
Suppose you feel you need even more illumination on very dark nights or in abysmal visibility. In that case, there is a matching harness and lead, made of the same high-quality materials.
One of the primary features of any dog collar is the lead attachment point. They often don’t come up to the standard expected from a high-quality collar, and the stitching comes apart, rendering the collar useless. The Embark has exceptionally strong stitching and a heavy-duty ring tested to 2x the recommended standard pulling strength.
There are three sizes of collar available small, medium, and large; to get the most accurate measurement, place a flexible tape measure around the thickest part of your Staffy’s neck, and refer to the company’s sizing chart.
Even though the Embark Illuminate is primarily a reflective nighttime collar, it’s still padded and comfortable enough for your Staffy to wear through the day.
The manufacturers offer a 100% satisfaction, no risk, money-back guarantee.
Why We Like It: The Embark Illuminate is an excellent reflective collar that vehicle drivers can see from over 300 feet away. For extra visibility, there is also a matching lead and harness.
- TOTALLY REFLECTIVE FOR VISIBILITY – Our Illuminate Reflective Dog collar is 360° reflective and drastically increases your dog’s visibility at night, allowing your dog to be seen from over 300 feet away by car headlights. Most leads and collars are designed with reflectiveness as a bonus feature, but the Illuminate was built totally with high visibility as the first priority and we’ve spared no expense
- STRONG ATTACHMENT POINT - Our collar features a heavy-duty attachment point ring, which holds 2x the recommended standard pulling strength. The aluminum alloy clip allows these leads for large dogs designed to withstand strong pullers. The clip makes the Illuminate lead a great dog training lead
- MATCHING LEAD & HARNESS – To make the Illuminate dog collar really stand out, we recommend the matching Illuminate Dog Lead and dog Harness. Made from the same materials and finish, they look great independently or as a set and might just make your dog visible from the moon! Just enter ASIN: B07JN322PM into the search bar for the lead and for the harness just enter ASIN: B07JNQ333T
- DOG COLLAR SIZING DETAILS – Please measure the thickest part of your dog’s neck and refer to our sizing chart in the images. There are three sizes to choose from to help you get that perfect fit. This listing is for the medium dog collar and goes form 15 - 22 inches (43 - 56 CM)
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – We guarantee you’ll love the look, feel and quality of our leads or we’ll replace it or refund your purchase. If you’re not happy, simply contact us, which means you have NO RISK to try the Embark Illuminate dog lead today! Our guarantee also extends to gifts, Christmas and other
Best Leather Collar for Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- Genuine cow leather.
- Suitable for use in all dog sports.
- Secure belt-style buckle suitable for use all day.
- Available in four classic colours – blue, olive, red, and black.
- Metal ring for lead attachment and ID.
- Handmade in Germany.
- Choice of three sizes
The Hunter collar Aalborg is a blast from the past; what dog collars all looked like 40 to 50 years ago. Yes, I can remember that far back, just!
The Aalborg is a handmade superior quality dog collar made in Bielefeld, Germany. If you’re looking for a top-quality leather collar, a simple design that belies the amount of intricate work that’s actually gone into producing these collars, this is the one to choose.
Note the contrast stitching that adds a natural touch of sophistication and luxury to this unique dog collar. Your Staffy would look supreme in a collar like this, but it’s not just about looks. The Aalborg is efficient as well; the wide surface area of the collar distributes the pressure on your Staffy’s neck, so there isn’t one specific pressure point that could cause pain.
The Aalborg dog collar is genuine cow leather that’s been well oiled to withstand a Staffy’s heavy straining on the lead. This collar is a brilliant choice for any dog sports your Staffy might be undertaking.
The leather is produced as gently as is feasible to maintain the softness without sacrificing robust build quality.
When you buy this collar, you’ll find that it won’t hurt your Staffy or damage the neck hairs; it’s so beautifully soft and well made your Staffy might not even notice he’s wearing a collar.
There might be slight color discoloration with all dyed leather, especially if you purchase the matching lead.
Why We Like It: The Hunter Aalborg exudes an understated class; if you’re looking for something special for your Staffy’s collar, this is the one.
- Tough, hard wearing yet super soft
- High quality
- Removeable tag.
- Fits neck 32-38cm
Best Military Dog Collar for Staffies
- Premium quality collar.
- Durable webbing construction.
- Chrome D-ring.
- Quick-release buckle.
- Suitable for all breeds and sizes.
- Reflective TAD velcro strip.
- Instant control handle.
- Neoprene lining for comfort.
- 100% money-back guarantee
The Ally dog is a premium collar created explicitly for the UK military and is available in stealth black.
This collar is a solid, chew-proof durable webbing construction, with a neoprene lining so the collar will wrap around the dog’s neck comfortably without causing any irritation.
For use at night and road safety, the collar has a reflective TAD velcro strip which you can switch out if you want to put yours or Your Staffy’s ID patch.
The Ally dog collar will fit any size and breed of dog small to medium (Terrier – Labrador) from 32cm to 45cm and large to extra-large (German Shepherd to Mastiff) 45cm to 71cm.
Get instant control of your Staffy with the built-in designed grip and hold handle, and the collar also features a highly durable chrome D-ring and quick-release buckle.
The manufacturers offer a 100% money-back guarantee if you’re dissatisfied for any reason.
Why We Like It: The Ally Dog collar is strong, looks great, and you can feel confident walking your Staffy knowing you have a great premium quality collar.
- QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE YOU CAN TRUST - Created for Military Working Dogs I Special Forces I Air & Sea I Rescue I Protection I Security
- STRONG & COMFORTABLE FOR YOU AND YOUR DOG - Strong and Extra-Durable Webbing Construction With Neoprene lining for added comfort for dog and handler. Reflective TAD velcro strip for night work and road safety, can be replaced with your own ID patch etc.
- INSTANT CONTROL WITH GRIP-HANDLE & INSTANT RELEASE - Grip-Hold Handle plus Strong Chrome D-Ring for Durability and quick release buckle.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL BREEDS AND ALL SIZES - Fully Adjustable I S- M 32cm to 45cm I L - XL 44cm - 71cm
- 100% SATISFACTION OF YOUR MONEY BACK – Guaranteed
Is a Collar or a Harness Best for a Staffy?
If your Staffy pulls when on the lead, you may think it’s better to get a harness to control them, however this is not a good idea as this will make it even easier for them to pull you with their whole bodies.
For Staffies that tend to pull on the lead, therefore, a collar is better as it makes it less comfortable for them to do so (although it is generally easy to train a Staffy not to pull if you are consistent).
Instead, harnesses can a good option for Staffies that walks well on the lead. They are especially useful if your dog regularly attempts to pull their head out of the collar (such as if you have an insecure Staffy).
If you do choose a harness, ensure that is correctly fits the dog and that it doesn’t leave chafing marks on your beloved Staff.
What Size Collar Does a Staffy Need?
What Size Collar Does a Staffordshire Bull Terrier Need?
The average neck size for a Staffordshire Bull Terrier is between 14 to 20 inches or 36cm to 51cm. The actual collar size will depend on the individual Staffy; typically, you would buy a medium to a large adjustable collar.
What Size Collar Does an American Staffordshire Terrier Need?
The neck size of the American Staffordshire Terrier is between 14 to 18 inches or 35 to 45cm. This neck size means you would need to choose a medium to a large dog collar for your Amstaff.
How To Measure Your Staffy For A Collar
Use a soft or flexible tape measure and wrap it around your Staffy’s neck where the collar typically sits. Ensure you can slide two fingers between the collar and tape. This gap will give enough room for the collar to be snug and not over tight around your Staffy’s neck.