Owning a Staffordshire Bull Terrier has taught me that appearances don’t matter. They might look fierce and robust dogs, but you’d be hard-pressed to find a more peaceful, kind, and affectionate breed than this one. Playing is not the only thing your Staffy enjoys; they also excel at pleasing.
Despite their reputation as high-energy dogs due to genetics, it’s not all work and no play for your Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
Your Staffy, like you, needs and appreciates getting a good night’s sleep. To keep your furry companion happy and healthy, they need to be able to play hard, exercise well, and have a comfortable, quiet place to rest their heads. A top-quality dog bed is essential for your Staffy’s rest and recovery after a hard day of exercise and fun, just as it is for you.
NOTE: This page may contain affiliate links, which means Staffy Dog may receive a small commission for anything purchase via these links, at no cost to you. This keeps our tails wagging.
However, picking the appropriate one for a Staffy is tough with the ever-expanding selection of dog beds available.
In the following article, we’ll discuss the options available to help you pick the best dog bed for a Staffy, and we’ll also bear in mind that Staffies are notorious chewers, and that applies to their dog bed as well.
Staffy Proof Dog Bed
Finding the best Staffy-proof dog bed for chewers will give you peace of mind that your Staffy won’t wreak havoc on their bed every time you turn your back.
The best way to do this is by making it difficult for them to chew or by making it difficult for them to get their teeth into.
Aggressive Chewing can signify that your Staffy is either bored, agitated, or desperate for exercise. Nesting and separation anxiety may also be to blame.
Picking out a bed that’s difficult for your Staffy to destroy will not deal with the chewing problem; that’s a separate issue, but it will prevent you from having to buy a new dog bed every five minutes.
As mentioned, Staffies are renowned for their chewing habits, they are aggressive chewers, and there’s no getting over the facts. Boredom does play a large part in this, so you must ensure you exercise your Staffy sufficiently throughout the day. They are highly intelligent dogs, and taking care of their mental stimulation is also a prerequisite if you own this dog.
Most Staffies I know, certainly mine, love doggy toys, which helps focus their minds away from chewing their beds. But once again, you’re faced with aggressive chewing, so you need to supply toys that can stand up to your Staffy. Here’s a list of the toys we recommend.
If you still find your Staffy is chewing their way through a mountain of toys and the expense is driving you nuts, I know exactly how you feel, and it can be pretty shocking just how quickly a Staffy will utterly destroy a toy within a matter of minutes. In that case, we’ve put together a list of the best bones for Staffies, which I know will be a great help.
What Size Bed Does My Staffy Need?
Naturally, you undoubtedly know the size of your Staffy’s bed is super important. A bed that’s too small is going to give your Staffy sleepless nights, and in the end, that will come back to haunt you because one, they’ll chew it, and two, probably won’t even attempt to use the bed.
As they age, Staffies are subject to various dysplasia issues, either the knees, hips, or sometimes, both. And as with all older dogs, Staffies do develop bone and joint conditions that are debilitating and painful. So they need a high-quality dog bed that is big and firm enough to support their size and weight.
What Size Bed for a Staffordshire Bull Terrier?
Your Staffy needs a unique bed, and there are several reasons you should provide one for them. For starters, you don’t want to buy a dog bed your Staffie doesn’t appreciate or grows out of too quickly if they haven’t fully matured yet.
Like humans, dogs, sleep in several positions and can change positions several times a night. Sometimes that might be curled up like a ball and other times stretch out on their back, with legs in the air.
A dog bed should be able to cater for whatever position your Staffy gets into during the night. Which leads us to discuss the best size bed for your Staffy?
An elementary mistake to make is buying a bed that’s way too small. If your Staffie is half hanging out of the bed, the odds are they won’t get a decent night’s sleep, and they’ll probably hate you for it in the morning (only joking). In any case, your Staffy will most likely abandon their bed and head for the nearest comfy chair or sofa.
You would be best measuring your Staffy from their nose to the base of their tail and add around eighteen inches to the measurement.
However, for a full-grown Staffy, a rectangular dog bed should be at least 30″ x 42″ and 42, ” if you buy a round doughnut type, then at least 42″ up to 50″ should provide them with plenty of room.
Even though the nights in the UK rarely get too hot, on the odd occasion that the temperature rises to make your Staffy uncomfortable, you can get some cooling pads you can insert into their beds.
What Size Bed for an American Staffordshire Terrier?
As any dog owner choosing the best dog bed for your Amstaff is a pretty daunting task.
American Staffordshire Terriers, in particular, are fond of nicely cushioned and padded beds. However, they still need to have lots of lumbar support.
Weigh and carefully measure your Amstaff before you go shopping for a dog bed; this is a must.
Beds are available in various sizes and a range of weight-tolerance capabilities.
If you take your Amstaff’s measurements and weigh them, you’ll know what to buy.
American Staffordshire Terriers weigh between 60 and 90 pounds. So, you’ll need a sturdy dog bed. For a dog of this size and to give them ample room, you’ll need either a large or extra-large bed.
Do Dogs Prefer Hard or Soft Beds?
Soft mattresses aren’t good for dogs since they don’t provide enough support for a good night’s sleep and healthy joints; an older dog that sinks into a plush bed may have difficulty getting up and down from it. Neither should a dog sleep on the floor since it would be too firm.
Provide your dog with a mattress made of memory foam, which can relieve pressure on your dog’s body and distribute his weight evenly; a memory foam mattress adjusts to the dog’s posture and provides a personalised level of comfort.
Orthopedic beds aren’t just for elderly dogs since memory foam provides excellent joint and muscle support and should last a lifetime.
Best Indestructible Beds for Staffies [Top 6]
- Veehood Elevated Chew Proof Dog Bed [REVIEW]
- FurHaven Memory Foam Dog Bed [REVIEW]
- The Dog’s Bed Orthopaedic [REVIEW]
- PetFusion Durable Memory Foam Dog Bed [REVIEW]
- The Dog’s Bed Waterproof [REVIEW]
- Ellie-Bo Durable Crate Bed [REVIEW]
Your Staffy’s sleeping positions will play a significant role in determining the best dog bed for them. If your Staffy enjoys changing position through the night, you’ll need to consider that.
I’ve compiled a comprehensive list to help you find the best Staffy dog beds on the market right now.
Best Bed for a Staffy That Chews or Digs
- Elevated design
- Non-skid rubber feet
- Rustless aluminium frame
- Textilene mesh mat
- Choice of four sizes
- Washable material
- Excellent ventilation
- Nowhere to chew design
If you’re the proud owner of a Staffy that loves to chew and who isn’t, then this dog bed is for you. This bed is one of the few I’ve found that might just be Staffy proof.
The bed’s design offers nowhere for your Staffy to get their teeth into. The frame is made from rustless aluminium, and the bed itself is Better Textilene Mesh Fabric. The manufacturers have wrapped all the edges of the mat inside the frame. Plus, there’s nowhere this bed will collapse with your Staffy onboard because it can withstand weights up to 68kg.
Your Staffy’s sleeping area is elevated off the ground by seven inches and is healthier for your dog than being directly on the floor. An elevated bed allows the air to circulate under and around your dog and the Textilene mesh is entirely breathable.
The bed is easy-clean; when it gets a little scruffy, take it outside, hose it down and leave it to dry; for minor stains, you can always wipe the bed with a damp towel.
Why We Like It: There’s no way even the most insesent of chewy Staffs can destroy this bed. An indestructible dog bed.
- Chew Proof Elevated Dog Bed Cot. Composed of Rustless Aluminum Frame and Better Textilene Mesh Fabric. Also, all the edges of the Dog Bed Mat are wrapped directly inside in Frame, Indestructible & Nowhere to chew.
- Durable Design for Better Life. Size: 32"L x 25"W x 7"H (81x64x18 cm). Upgraded material and structure offer strong stability, Veehoo Raised dog bed can hold a maximum weight of 150 pounds (68kg), say goodbye to the fear of a sudden bed collapse.
- Floor No More (7" Off the Ground). The bed mat crafted of Textilene mesh fabric, features sturdy and breathability. Sleeping with an elevated dog bed is more comfortable, cleaner, dryer, and healthier compared to the ground.
- Easy to Clean. For the pet hair, dirt, grime (or other stains brought by your dog from outside lawn), simply hose off with water and allow to dry. Besides, you can also wipe them clean with a wet towel
- Easy to Assemble. Screws and hex tool are included. And more, some accessories have been assembled and can be installed directly. Portable and Perfect for indoor, outdoor, picnic, camping, training… Quality sleep on the go!
Most Comfortable Beds for Staffies
- Available in four colours and five sizes
- Gel-infused memory foam
- Supportive bolsters
- Removable machine washable covers
- Supports correct body alignment
The Furhaven is an L-shaped corner-style dog bed lined with beautiful plush faux fur ideal for your Staffy to snuggle down and get comfy. Some dogs enjoy a bolster to support their heads, and if your dog loves to sleep that way, then this bed will be perfect. The supportive bolsters run along two sides and are wrapped in a smooth velvet material.
The bed itself is made from gel-infused memory foam that takes away the heat and provides an excellent cooling effect on your Staffy’s bones and joints. Even if your Staffy is a young dog, the supportive memory foam combined with the padded bolster help improve their body alignment and will support the neck, back, and hips.
The bed is available in Espresso, Dark Sage, Stone Gray, and Marine Blue and in Small, Medium, Large, Jumbo, and Jumbo Plus
This bed will not be suitable for your Staffy if they are excessive chewers, for those dogs, we recommend a different which you can find lower down the list.
Why We Like It: For Staffies that aren’t too intent on destroying their bed, this is the most comfortable dog bed around as it provides great support for you pooch and keeps them cool.
- DESIGNED FOR PETS: The bolstered L-shaped corner sofa design promotes ultimate comfort and security, providing high-loft orthopedic cushion support as well as a super cozy nestling and burrowing space for dogs and cats
- SLEEP SURFACE: The main sleep surface is lined with cuddly soft, plush faux fur, while the supportive bolsters are wrapped in smooth velvet fabric; both materials are gentle on noses and paws for enhanced snuggling and burrowing comfort
- EASY ON JOINTS: The gel-infused memory foam top whisks heat away for a cooling effect and improves body alignment, while the fluff-filled bolster railings support the neck, back, hips, and joints; both help to ease discomfort and encourage restful sleep
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Deep Sapphire; Jumbo, 40" x 32" x 8" (4" Foam; Sleep Surface: Approx. 35" x 27")
- AVAILABLE VARIANTS: The bed comes in Sable Brown, Merlot Red, Deep Sapphire, and Platinum Gray; it's also available in Small, Medium, Large, Jumbo, and Jumbo Plus.EASY CARE: The removable dog bed cover is completely machine washable for your convenience; for more specific washing instructions, please refer to the hang tag and/or seam label (if applicable).
- Several sizes and colours are available
- Poly-linen outer covers
- Machine washable
- Replaceable covers
- Both exterior and inner materials are waterproof
- 5cm orthopaedic memory foam
- A solid base of stability support foam
Many dogs, including Staffies, suffer from joint conditions later in life. You can help your Staffy now, even if they are still a young dog, by providing them with premium orthopaedic comfort. Your dog will thank you as they get older.
The Dog’s Orthopaedic will help relieve stiff joints and improve joint mobility, giving your Staffy a better quality of life. This stylish dog bed provides solid 5cm grade, high density, orthopaedic memory foam over a solid 10cm base of high stability support foam. The outer cover is a poly-linen waterproof material that you can remove and machine wash. The bed’s inner is also waterproof, and when the outer covers wear out or are damaged, you can replace them with a new set.
- Excellent solid, supportive dep memory foam
- Comfortable recycled polyfill side bolsters for neck support
- Water-resistant covers
- Machine washable covers
- Waterproof inner lining
- Breathable polyester and cotton fabric
With sizes ranging from small to jumbo, this bed is perfect for the size of your Staffy, even when they can’t get a good night’s sleep unless sprawled out.
The PetFusion dog bed is constructed of only premium materials, from the solid 10cm memory foam base to the durable and exceptionally comfortable polyester and cotton twill fabric. Both the side bolsters and the base provide ample support for your Staffy, and with a non-skid base, the bed will not slide around even on polished wooden or ceramic floors.
There’s a choice of three colours designed to make the doggy bed suit any home decor. The bed covers are replaceable if damaged or torn and machine washable for easy daily care.
If you’re looking to free up your sofa, then buy your Staffy this dog bed. But don’t be surprised if your Staffy doesn’t like to get out of bed in the morning.
- PREMIUM COMPONENTS & BETTER HEALTH: 4 inch memory foam base for superior overall comfort, reduced joint pain (arthritis) and improved health, mobility, & energy
- CALMING BED: For dogs who suffer from anxiety
- DURABLE DESIGN: Recycled 'green' support bolsters are generously filled. Durable & comfortable polyester (65%) & cotton (35%) twill
- SMART DESIGN: Base & bolsters provide optimal support & security. Water resistant & tear resistant cover. Non-skid bottom.
- ELEGANT DESIGN: Will fit in with your home décor, replacement covers and blankets available
Waterproof Outdoor Bed for Staffy
- XL size grey with ZZZZZ embroidery
- YKK zippers
- Tightly woven polyester Oxford fabric
- Waterproof coating on the underside
- Machine washable covers
- Replacement set available
The manufacturers have designed the Dog’d Bed utility waterproof bed to be a lightweight, highly durable easy to travel with bed for your Staffy to enjoy on trips away.
The bed is made from tightly woven polyester Oxford fabric that has been waterproofed on the underside creating a water-resistant barrier; the bed is also quick-drying and abrasion-resistant.
The bed utilises excellent firm bolsters to help support the dog’s neck and help them to maintain a good sleeping position. The whole bed is double-stitched to ensure it remains water-resistant.
We know Staffies are not reticent when it comes to getting muddy or dirty, so this bed is ideal because although the covers are machine washable, they come up looking great with a quick wipe down. And when the covers have had it after a few years of heavy use, you can buy a replacement set.
- Waterproof & durable utility dog bed in XL grey with ZZZZZ embroidery, easy-clean cover and tough YKK zippers, 120x85cm which fits home decor seamlessly, so your dog can stay close to the family while having a nap
- Perfect for use in kennels, outside and in the home. Lightweight and easy to travel with - can be taken along on a road trip in the back of a 4WD or estate car
- Tightly woven polyester Oxford fabric with a waterproof coating on the underside resulting in a bed that is water-resistant, quick-drying, and abrasion-resistant. Dries rapidly on wash day and stays looking new for longer
- An excellent choice for dogs who shed or drool as well as active dogs who tend to get wet or muddy - The Dog’s Bed Utility can be effortlessly wiped or vacuumed clean. Replacement covers available from our Store, click on 'Sold By: The Dogs Balls' to view selection
- Covered by a 1-year limited warranty for manufacturing defects
Crate Bed For Staffy
- Dimensions 71 x 48 x 6cms
- One-piece orthopaedic memory foam
- Made from Oxford weave fabric
- Colour black and two sizes
The Ellie-Bo crate bed is a medium-sized memory foam bed designed for a 30-inch dog crate. However, you can also use the bed as a stand-alone if you wish.
The memory foam provides ideal orthopaedic support for your Staffy’s bones and joints, and a dog can’t be young enough to begin helping them with this type of support. If you want to change up your dog’s bed covers at any time in the future, you can buy replacement covers from the Ellie-Bo account. It’s unlikely you’ll need to, but you can also replace the memory foam inner lining.
The Ellie-Bo outer fabric is a high-quality Oxford weave, which is both tough wearing and waterproof because we know accidents can happen in the crate.
- Complete Bed: The package includes a 71 x 48 x 6cm memory foam mattress and a removable cover. Make sure to choose a proper dog bed size to provide your pet high-quality rest.
- Orthopedic: Ellie-Bo's high-quality dog bed is specifically designed to provide unparalleled comfort and support for your pet, ensuring they enjoy a restful sleep.
- Breathable: Both the cover and inner liner implement high-performance breathable fabric to optimize heat dissipation.
- Durable & Comfortable: The premium memory foam liner provides optimum comfort and helps alleviate pressure points, joint pain, and muscle aches.
- Easy to Clean: The zipper design allows you to quickly separate the cover and liner. Simply wash separately in the washing machine at 33°C and tumble-dry on low setting.
That’s our list of the 6 best dog beds for a Staffy, and we’re confident you will find the perfect bed for your Staffy from the above list.